Lacey and Kim are a mother-daughter duo that style their home together and manage a really wonderful blog called Styled With Lace. Kim is a self-taught sewer and crafter and she was making things herself before it was ever called DIY. And Lacey (Kim’s Daughter) grew up doing DIY projects with her mom, thrift shopping, doing room makeovers. Then when she got married together with her hubby they bought a beautiful 1950’s colonial style home that they remodeled. This is an incredible story of a family that works together, remodels together, and has built a beautiful blog out of it.
Let’s dive in.
1. How many years have you been blogging?
We’ve been blogging for 3.5 years.
2. What is your favorite Interior Design project that you’ve ever done?
Lacey’s home remodel and Kim’s kitchen remodel and new wood floors.
3. Which project are you most proud of?
We would have to go with Lacey’s home remodel.
4. What does a day in the life of an interior decor blogger look like?
Well, it varies but usually, I check and scroll Instagram in the morning. If I have a collaboration or blog post to shoot photos for I style and shoot midday for the best light.
5. What kind of lighting do you have set up for your work?
We shoot when the natural light is best! We have softbox lights from amazon that we use occasionally, but natural lighting is preferred.
6. What is your favorite lamp or string lights that you’ve used for a project?
We like invisible copper lights for ambiance, especially during the holiday season.
7. What is the greatest tip that you could give to our readers?
Don’t let decorating intimidate you – small changes can make a big difference – especially paint!
8. What is the hardest thing about interior design?
Designing for other people because you never know what they will like.
9. If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
We would have added a screen porch.
10. What do you think had the biggest impact on making your blog a success?
Instagram has been an amazing tool to push people to our blog.