We recently discovered a new subset of blogger – the homestead blogger. It’s a really cool concept. It’s a lifestyle of self-sufficiency where people grow all kinds of foodstuffs (fancy word for munchies). So anyway, Chelsea and Nate from Some Day I’ll Learn actually have several chickens and sheep. They have a really cool post about why pet sheep make happier kids and it looks pretty convincing! Check out their interview below:
1. How many years have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging for 10 years.
2. What is your favorite mom-blog project that you’ve ever done?
I maintain a family gift guide that I continuously update year-round and then re-publish every holiday season. It’s fun to test out items that will serve families well.
3. Which project are you most proud of?
This post featuring 5 Words to Stop a Tantrum has been shared a lot, and I get frequent emails from parents telling me it’s helped them. That makes me proud!
4. What are some of your favorite activities during the day?
Taking my kids on hikes, swimming, cooking and doing simple crafts.
5. What kind of lighting do you have set up in your home for your little ones?
We have bright white overhead LEDs throughout our home to make photoshoots easy, and then we have small lamps that provide a soft ambient glow for a cozy feeling in the playroom and bedrooms. We also have a couple spaces with string lights, which are perfect for an impromptu party with friends!
6. What is the greatest tip that you could give to other moms?
Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
7. What is the hardest thing about blogging and being a mom?
Time management. It’s challenging to find enough time for my family AND my work.
8. What advice can you give our mommy readers?
Carve your own path. You don’t have to do things the way everyone else is doing it. Challenge the norms and find what works for YOUR family.
9. You are a mom and an established blogger. If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I would ask for help sooner and not try to do EVERYTHING myself.
Interested in more interesting mommy and me blogger interviews? Check out this awesome post from Rebecca about her favorite projects and this interview from Ginger about how she does DIY projects with the whole family.